Defective products can cause serious injuries, even death. The consequences of a defective product can be costly, both in terms of medical expenses and lost wages. In addition, victims of defective products may suffer from pain and suffering, emotional distress, and other long-term consequences.
Types of Defective Products
There are many different types of defective products, including:
- Products with design defects. These products are inherently unsafe due to their design. For example, a car with a faulty brake system is a product with a design defect.
- Products with manufacturing defects. These products are safe when they are manufactured properly, but they are damaged or improperly completed during the manufacturing process. For example, a toy with a sharp edge may be a product with a manufacturing defect.
- Products with inadequate warnings or instructions. These products are safe when used properly, but they are not accompanied by adequate warnings or instructions. For example, a medication with no warning about its side effects is a product with inadequate warnings or instructions.
Consequences of Defective Products
The consequences of a defective product can be devastating. Victims of defective products may suffer from:
- Serious injuries. Defective products can cause a wide range of injuries, including broken bones, burns, poisoning, and even death.
- Medical expenses. The cost of medical treatment for a defective product injury can be high.
- Lost wages. Victims of defective product injuries may be unable to work, resulting in lost wages.
- Pain and suffering. Defective product injuries can cause pain and suffering that can last for a lifetime.
- Emotional distress. Victims of defective product injuries may also suffer from emotional distress, such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
What Can Victims Do?
If you have been injured by a defective product, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the manufacturer or distributor of the product. You may be able to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Contact an experienced attorney ASAP.
Our Kansas City Area Defective Product Attorneys are Here to Help
The consequences of defective products can be costly and devastating. If you have been injured by a defective product, you should speak to an experienced personal injury attorney to learn more about your rights.