Premises Liability Lawyer
If you have been injured because of a negligent or dangerous condition on public or private property, there may be a premises liability claim and we can help, call our team of experienced premises liability lawyers.
Most commonly these claims may involve slips, trips, or falls. These types of claims may also be the result of dangerous wiring, roof collapse, or other property defects.
Although claims for injuries resulting from a slip and fall or other similar accident may sometimes be undisputed, premises liability cases are often more complicated than other claims, especially when it comes to determining fault.
Our premises liability lawyers at MSB Law are fully versed in both Kansas and Missouri law. The laws in both Kansas and Missouri are very specific regarding when a landowner can be held liable for injuries resulting from:
- The landowner, maintenance team, or an employee created and/or caused the substances, defect, or other dangerous condition that caused the fall
- They knew of, or in the exercise of care, should have discovered and known of the substance, defect, or other dangerous condition and failed to remove it in time
- An attractive nuisance
- Failed to conduct safety inspections of the premises even though the formation of a hazard was foreseeable
- A wet or slippery floor
- They made the defect or other dangerous condition worse by carelessly trying to remove or repair it
- An inadequate effort at removing snow or ice from areas open to the public.
A little known fact, according to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), on the job premises liability accidents are the second most common type of accidental deaths, accounting for roughly 15% nationally.
If you have questions regarding a premises liability case, please contact our premises liability lawyers, Andrew Speicher or Rick Morefield.