Jury trials are a time-tested method to resolve legal disputes, but they are time-consuming, expensive, and the losing party always feels mistreated by the jury’s verdict. There is another way. Mediation is an extremely effective method for resolving cases more quickly and with less expense than a jury trial. Mediation allows the parties to craft a solution to their dispute that they can all accept. Because COVID-19 restrictions delayed jury trials in most states, mediation plays a more important role than ever. Arbitration is another extremely effective method of resolving disputes that is often quicker and less expensive than a jury trial.
MSB Mediation and Arbitration Services offer skilled mediators and arbitrators to help you resolve lawsuits on terms chosen by you and the opposing party while avoiding many of the expenses, delays, and uncertainty of a jury trial. We offer mediation services for personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, and business litigation matters. We also offer arbitration services for business and construction law matters.
- Many jury trials have been delayed due to COVID, but cases still need to be resolved. Mediation can be scheduled with relatively short notice
- Juries are unpredictable. Mediation allows the parties to control their own destiny.
- Mediation allows the parties to choose creative solutions that would never be a possibility in a jury trial.
- Mediation is far less expensive than trial.
- Mediation is convenient. While in-person mediation is the gold standard, mediation can also take place by video.
- Mediation is confidential. Unlike a public jury trial, the parties to a mediation can reach a confidential settlement. What the parties say in mediation is also confidential.
- Jury trials have been postponed, but cases need to be resolved. Arbitration can be scheduled on shorter notice than a jury trial.
- With arbitration, you can select an arbitrator who understands your business and construction issues far better than a jury.
- Arbitration is usually less expensive than trial.
- Arbitration is convenient. The parties can stipulate to how, when and where the arbitration will take place.
Why Use MSB Mediation and Arbitration Services?
- Skilled mediators and arbitrators
- As a mediator, Rick Morefield will approach your legal dispute with an open mind. He will listen. He will ask each side hard questions about their case. He will facilitate negotiation between the parties. He will probe for unique solutions to break through any impasses. He will help the parties evaluate the risks and the benefits of settlement versus trial.
- Flexibility. Mediation and arbitration should not be “one size fits all” processes. We will work with the parties to craft a mediation or arbitration plan that fits the needs of both parties. Have you ever used a mediator who conducts every mediation the same way? There are many ways a mediator can assist the parties. The methods that will be most effective depend upon the nature of the dispute, the parties involved and the attorneys involved. Ours is not a “color by numbers” approach.
- The world of construction is unique and disputes are frequent. An arbitrator such as Stan Bachman who knows the legal and the practical realities of the construction business can quickly, effectively, and fairly reach solutions that might not be apparent to a judge or arbitrator who lacks Stan’s deep construction industry experience.
Wrongful Death and Personal Injury Mediation Services
Rick Morefield offers mediation services for personal injury and wrongful death cases. Rick has more than 35 years of experience trying and settling tort cases. He has been a trained mediator since 2012. Rick has represented plaintiffs and defendants and has a keen understanding of the challenges faced by each side. He typically uses an evaluative approach in mediation, but he does so in a way that is never disrespectful to the litigants.
Business Litigation Mediation and Arbitration Services
Rick Morefield offers mediation services for business litigation matters. Rick has more than 35 years of experience trying and settling business litigation matters. Rick takes a practical approach to solving business problems and is able to creatively help the parties find solutions that make business sense. Stan Bachman is an arbitrator who combines years of business experience as a construction company owner with strong experience as a business law and construction law attorney. He understands the legal, technical, and real-world implications of business and construction law issues. His legal expertise and practical construction and business background make him an ideal arbitrator for those cases.
Stan Bachman is an arbitrator who combines years of business experience as a construction company owner with strong experience as a business law and construction law attorney. He understands the legal, technical, and real-world implications of business and construction law issues. Stan takes his business and legal acumen and applies it to the specialized world of construction disputes.