Construction Litigation Lawyers in Kansas and Missouri
The construction industry is vitally important to our country. We rely on construction for our homes, apartments, places of business, and for many of us our livelihood. If you are a participant in the construction industry, you already know how interesting and unique business challenges can and do arise. When those challenges present a legal issue, or even before they become a legal issue, it is important to have a construction lawyer you can trust. The Kansas and Missouri construction lawyers at Morefield Speicher and Bachman are here to help. Our firm represents all participants in the industry, from contractors and subcontractors to engineers, architects, and owners. We represent clients at every stage of the construction process.
We understand the nuances of the construction industry and are aware that an issue regarding your business can compromise your bottom line. We work hard to ensure we find the best, most cost-effective solution. We commonly help clients with:
- Negotiating construction contracts
- Collections counsel and negotiation
- Extra work and change orders
- Mechanic’s liens and bond claims
- Mediation and arbitration
- Settlement and negotiations
- General advice and counsel concerning all things construction and
- General business advice and counsel concerning corporate matters
Why is it Important to work with an Overland Park Construction Lawyer?
Our construction lawyers base their legal guidance off of decades of experience working with construction law clients. Construction lawyers work in a niche industry and serve the diverse needs of each client. We offer our clients comprehensive knowledge of the planning, execution, and completion of construction projects, which allows us to offer our clients unique insights into contract law and construction law. Going beyond protecting your interests, the top five reasons to hire a construction attorney can help you:
- Avoid Litigation–Even with the slickest designed contracts, disputes can and most assuredly will arise and instead of dealing with time consuming and costly litigation, your construction attorney will assist you with exploring other options, such as mediation and arbitration.
- Handle Contract Negotiations–Especially true with government contracts or any projects that require federal intervention, your construction attorney will help navigate these negotiations to ensure you get the best contract possible.
- Prevent Back-End Mistakes–Whether this comes from a cash flow issue due to a vendors or suppliers not fulfilling their end of the deal or from workers refusing to show up to a site because of pay issues, your construction attorney prepares against these undesirable outcomes through construction liens, etc.
- Provide Legal Protection–It should be no surprise that construction is one of the most dangerous jobs. Therefore, employers are required to maintain a safe working environment. Your construction attorney will help protect you from third-party liability suits, such as injury claims resulting from others’ negligence among other civil actions that could be taken against you.
- Relief for Your General Counsel–Your company may already have its own in-house or general council, but they may not specialize in construction law or contract law. They might be swamped with other tasks and projects. Let your specialized construction attorney provide assistance and take the lead on issues related to construction law.
When you have a legal issue, the firm you choose is vitally important. Our construction lawyers at Morefield Speicher and Bachman have over 60 years of collective experience. You can be confident and assured your matter will be handled with care and professionalism.
Our construction legal team is led by attorney Stan Bachman. Stan’s educational background includes degrees in construction science and business administration. Before becoming a lawyer, Stan worked in the construction industry for 25 years as a project engineer, estimator, project manager, officer, and owner of construction companies. Stan and our construction legal team are ready to assist our clients in all areas of construction law including business formation, contract negotiations, managing dealings between contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers, as well as meditation, arbitration, and litigation.