Kansas Registered Agent at MSB Law
A Kansas registered agent is an individual or other entity that has the responsibility for accepting service of process on behalf of a domestic or foreign corporation: limited liability company (LLC), limited liability partnership (LLP), or limited partnership (LP). Morefield Speicher Bachman, LC’s Overland Park law office is open during normal business hours to accept service of lawsuits for business entities licensed to do business in the State of Kansas. This service is provided on an annual flat fee basis. Please call or email us if your company would like more information about designating Morefield Speicher Bachman, LC as your Kansas registered agent.
What is a Kansas Registered Agent?
A Kansas registered agent is an individual or business entity that acts as the point of contact for your business for things like communication with the state (i.e. Kansas Annual Report) and the certificate of good standing. They also receive all services of processes if the business is involved with any lawsuits. Every formal business within the state of Kansas is required by law to have a registered agent.
Why is a Registered Agent Necessary?
Many businesses choose to select a registered agent for a few reasons:
- Privacy: Helps you maintain a compliance calendar and reminds you of when annual reports or filings are due. They also help keep you in good standing, which is necessary to maintain your limited liability protection. Legal complications, fees, or any other issues can come up if you do not respond in a timely manner to the service of the process.
- Discretion: Receiving service of process for a lawsuit at your business can be a sensitive situation. To avoid having this issue, a Kansas registered agent will receive and services of processes and other miscellaneous documents at their office to be delivered to you.
- Flexibility: Hiring a registered agent gives you more flexibility to worry about the day to day operations and allow the agent to focus on legal documents and paperwork.
- Online Storage: When important documents are delivered to your registered agent, they will scan documents as soon as they are received and store a digital copy of the documents.
- National Coverage: If you plan on growing your business outside the parameters of Kansas, (i.e. hiring an employee out of state) having a registered agent is necessary.
Our Kansas registered agents here at MSB Law are ready to be your registered agent. Allow us to remove the unnecessary worries of legal paperwork and allow yourselves to focus on the daily operations and the big picture. Call or email our office and we will get you set up with an agent.